Thursday 4 November 2010

Drawing Drawing Drawing

Here are a few of my favorite illustrations, I have tried to provide links and the names of the artists for as many of them as i can but sorry I can't remember them all! If anyone knows them I'd love you to tell me.









Unknown



I can't find the artist but this poster is for The Finders Keepers, a design and art market from Australia.






This gorgeous image is from the British artist Bobby Hillson, I cant find a website for her but she worked as a fashion illustrator for Vouge in the 1960's and later for the Sunday Times and The Observer. This illustration is of the Paris collections for The Observer, 1965.


Unknown - But isn't it wonderful?



Quentin Blake, The BFG is one of my favorite children's books.








My ultimate favourite Illustrator though has got to be Julie Verhoeven, I have loved her work ever since I discovered her a few years ago. She stands out as by-far-and-away one of the best contemporary artists today. She is intense and unique and fun and lively and daring and just everything I love in illustration.

No comments:

Post a Comment