Monday 8 November 2010

As the Winter Winds Litter London with Lonely Hearts


Today is one of those miserable uninspiring days when the warm summer felt like a hundred years ago and Christmas a long distant dream. November is such an ugly month. Today I have a huge essay to finish and a long long week ahead of me with nothing but work and more deadlines and it’s even harder to feel motivated when it’s freezing, dark at five o’clock and pouring with rain outside.
My bed has never felt more inviting. I had the most beautiful weekend that was even better than I could have hoped for. I sat in the train station last night  and said “Let’s just get on a train to London St Pancras. We could be in Paris in the morning. Then in Russia by Wednesday and then who knows by next week.” But of course twenty minutes later I was stood alone on the platform blowing kisses goodbye.
I know that I’ll see him again soon but at the moment that seems so far away and we’ll both have too much work to do and it will be a long time till we can be as care free and frivolous  
as we were in the last two days.
Sorry for having such a rant but I now feel like I can pick myself up, make a cup of tea and start work again (maybe even drag myself to the library). And who knows what unexpected adventures
 November might have waiting for me??

No comments:

Post a Comment